Tuesday, August 20, 2013

This Old House

vintage Chicago

I'm always down for perusing vintage stores – you never know what treasures are hiding amongst the piles of pretty things. Just like you can never have enough vintage garments or accessories, it's hard to pass up a one-of-a-kind item for the home. Be it an antique ashtray (for holding earrings), or a sturdy old chair (which I can't stop collecting), there is something for everyone at these amazing shops ...   

Brimfield Andersonville - this amazing shop is chock-full (literally to the "Brim") with midcentury furnishings, vintage bar accessories, and every tartan blanket you can imagine.

• I've posted about P.O.S.H Chicago before because I've found no other shop in the city that can make me feel like I'm back in France like it does. Floor to ceiling shelves stock vintage drink ware, old silver trays and ice buckets, and every adorable little French knickknack a Francophile could want.

• I can't list my fave vintage home goods shops without mentioning Jayson Home & Garden. It's definitely a blow-your-budget spot, but easily the most beautifully curated shop in town. I could honestly walk in with my Starbucks, plop on one of their lovely oversized couches, and open a gorgeous coffee table book (while burning the best scented candles, and surrounded by the best foliage ... need I go on?) 

Photo courtesy of POSH Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment