Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Out of Juice

juicy tracksuit

Well folks, it's the end of an era – Juicy Couture will close all of it's U.S stores this month. Sure we all had (or wanted) one of those covetable velour tracksuits ... but really, this wasn't the best look. Yeah it was comfortable for class back in the early 2000's, but sweats in public? No. Just, no. 

While we're talking fashion regret, let's remember some of the other fashion faux pas many of us (myself included) were guilty of ...

90s fashion
These skirts! Everyone owned at least one of these gems. The shorter the better was our motto – seriously, sometimes those cutoff denim skirts could be confused for belts on the hanger. And those ruffles – tiers of regret from 2000. 

90s fashion
The handkerchief tops. Somehow these stuck around for a few years – because nothing says sexy like showing your love handles and pointing straight to your crotch (?).

90s hair
The hair – oh god the hair. I definitely sported both of these looks at one point (I even had the butterfly clips and "cornrow" look done at a salon for a dance!).

... of course, there will come a day when I look back at something (some things?) I'm wearing now and I'll shake my head. Here's to sticking to timeless classics!

No comments:

Post a Comment