Just like now is the time to score a good leather jacket on sale – it's also the best time to snag some new fall duds at the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. Starting Friday (or two days ago, for you Nordies card holders), tons of stylish stuff is marked way down, which means now is the time to get your hands on those wardrobe staples for the cooler months ahead. I know, it's sad but true ... autumn is right around the corner, so get ready and set for the stylish new season! Below are some classic pieces that should be on your sale-radar come Friday ...
Clockwise from top:
• A quality knee-length coat (something for those months before the puffy coat comes out). I love this grey one as an alternative to black.
• A new leather fall bag. This Tory Burch tote is perfect for everyday use at work, but chic enough with the chain detailing for the weekend or a night out.
• A nice cashmere sweater. This cream drape cardigan is one of those pieces you'll grab all fall/winter because it will go with everything and last forever (with proper care).
• Faux leather pants. I snagged a pair last year, similar to these 7 For All Mankind and can't wait to don them again – think of them as a casual go-to, but like your black jeans cooler big sister.
• Heeled black ankle boots. Forgo fancy details like buckles or chains – a simple pair like these awesome Acne Studio boots go with everything from dresses to jeans to leather pants.
• A versatile wrap dress. There's a reason the DVF wrap dress is a wardrobe staple – you can wear it casual with tights and boots for work or dress it up with heels and a statement necklace or earrings for an evening event. Choose a neutral like this navy one for the most wearability.