Monday, January 14, 2013

Diptyque Paris

Diptique

I'm such a sucker for all things fragrant – perfume, lotions, and definitely candles. Always on the hunt for the best scents, I was thrilled when I heard Diptyque was opening an outpost right here in Chicago.

Since the first shop opened in 1961 at 34 blvd Saint Germain in Paris (as every label will tell you), Diptyque has cornered the home fragrance industry with their range of incredible scents, each more intoxicating than the next.

I finally popped in there over the weekend and spent my sweet time smelling everything from the spicy Cannelle (one of the original three scents) to the ever-popular Bias. The shop is like a gallery, perfectly laid out to lead you around the space, and the very knowledgeable shop girl will gladly help you find your perfect candle. Be sure to check out the gorgeous chandelier made up of the iconic glass containers.

I left with the most heavenly lavender candle I've ever smelled. These gems aren't necessarily a bargain at $60, but spend the time getting to know the scents and save up for your fave.


Diptique

No comments:

Post a Comment