Friday, February 21, 2014

Have a Wonderful Weekend

vivian maier

Happy weekend people. It's like a heatwave here in Chicago (and by heatwave, I mean we almost hit 50 degrees yesterday), so I've started thinking spring. Gap just came out with their new lookbook with Rebekka Bay as creative director, and it. is. awesome. Of course, our mild weather won't last long, but I'll just flip through those Gap looks and day dream.

Also this weekend ...
• If you haven't been to Tanoshii sushi in Andersonville, you're seriously missing out. Now Steve and I don't have to travel 20 minutes north to enjoy our beloved "fish n' chips" dish (trust me, it's to die for). Tanoshii Sushi Mike's just opened up on Randolph and his signature dishes, as well as his incredible roll creations, have followed.

Phantom of the Opera is in town, and while I've seen the show a number of times, the amazing music never gets old for me. Hey, take in a matinée and head to Tanoshii for dinner! Perfect plan.

• One of my favorite photographers (whom I've written about before) is Vivian Maier. She never had any formal training, but became essentially the first "street style" photographer (she actually started out as a nanny in Chicago!) Check out her beautiful work, on display at the Chicago History Museum.

Have a super weekend!

Photo courtesy of Vivian Maier

No comments:

Post a Comment