Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Geriatric Starlets

Iris Apfel

As my family and I organize all of my grandmother's things, I couldn't help but draw a comparison between her and fashion icon Iris Apfel. Both women wouldn't dream of leaving the house without lipstick and her accessories (turquoise, rhinestones, scarves – you name it), and their homes both house tons (and tons) of collectables, treasures, and trinkets. With a collection that I'm sure is bursting at the seams, Mrs. Apfel will be selling off many of her goods through One Kings Lane this Saturday. Score items that she has picked up over the years from her many travels to places like Paris, Marrakech, Santa Fe, and more ... and work on starting your own coveted collection.   

Iris Apfel

You can read Iris' thoughts on the sale here

Photos courtesy of Architectural Digest and Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment