Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blast From the Past: Mane Attraction


Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

The goods:
• my boyfriend's black sweater

• gray jeans from Citizens of Humanity
• gray socks from Lori's Shoes
• brown boots by Frye
• knotted chain necklace from Forever21

I'm often asked how I do my hair (though I would say the "what the?!" hair days outweigh the good). Ever since picking up my first issue of Allure at age 13, I've loved hair products, tools and easy ways to achieve new looks. But instead of trying to explain a couple methods I use, I'll leave it to two lovely ladies to have already said it best ...

The wonderful Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere gives a great tutorial on achieving beachy waves with a curling iron, and lovely Cara from A Fashion Love Affair offers one using a flat iron. Thanks to their photos and well-worded descriptions, just a couple practice rounds is all it takes to get a great mane.

No comments:

Post a Comment