Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Faux Fall


Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

Chicago Style

The goods:
• dress from Mikkat Market

• vest and wedges from Forever21
• wrap watch by La Mer
• bangle and long necklace from Forever21
• souvenir pearl pendant from Tahiti
• vintage clutch and earrings

Rarely do autumn Chicago days peak in the mid 70s, allowing me to wear skirts and sleeveless fall pieces without the added bulk of warm layers. One of my favorite cool weather trends is leather, but finding the more affordable faux leather pieces that doesn't look, well, faux, always proves quite a challenge. I spotted this vest at Forever21 last year and couldn't pass up the edgy look and $27 price tag. This year I'm on the hunt for faux leather pants – good ones, I've decided, are very rare and often as expensive as the real thing. So far, I'm liking the looks of these and these.

In the meantime though, I will bare my legs (and what's left of my equally-rare tan) for as long as I can before I have to cover each and every inch of skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment