Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New Year, New Products

I'm a true beauty junkie, as evidenced by my new Sephora VIB level card (do you know how much you have to spend in a year to get that? hint: a lot). I'm always on the hunt for the next best thing – don't get me wrong, I have my true loves – but until a product proves itself, I move on to find one that honestly gives results. A few of the items I've been testing out have just about secured their status on my go-to list ...  

Beauty Products

From left ...

I've heard of the legendary Embryolysse Lait-Creme Concentre and it's "miraculous" properties, so when I was in Paris, I picked up a few tubes at the pharmacies. I haven't been using long enough to really see a miracle yet, but hot damn does this stuff moisturize! I like to slather it on and let it soak in before applying BB cream. So far, no dry patches this winter. Score. 

It is surprisingly hard to find concealer with SPF in it (which is weird to me since the eye area is the most delicate, first to show signs of aging, and therefore the place I want to protect most!). Perricone M.D. No Concealer Concealer not only includes SPF 35, but has anti aging properties to boot!

When everyone started buzzing about serums, I went straight to the source and asked my dermatologist if they're worth it. Like my trusty Clarisonic, she instantly said yes, it's definitely beneficial when applied to clean skin and before moisturizer. I've given two serums the entire-bottle-test, but saw no results. Then I tried a sample of Amore Pacific Moisture Bound Serum and that very next day, my husband and two other people complimented my glowing skin. Sold.

Since I started playing with products in middle school, one of my fave treatments is a good mask. I have many favorites, but during these cold months I'm loving the Boost Mask by Somme Institute. It gently heats as you apply it, smoothes skin, and even has a delicious scent.

Oh, and don't worry, I haven't forgotten ... I'm still getting through all of my Parisian pharmacie products and will be sure to report my findings! (I need to test them out before I decide if they're good or not :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment