Monday, January 13, 2014

Vegan, Gluten-Free NIbbles

GF vegan cookies

As part of my healthy 2014, I've been experimenting in the kitchen, trying to find some tasty treats (instead my secret stash of candy). With limited ingredients in my cupboards and an obsession with testing the limits of my new blender, I decided to get creative and came up with these super easy (and super healthy) cookies. Steve was so excited that he can finally enjoy his fave treats without worry, I've learned to double my recipe for next time. 

cookies

Vegan, Gluten-Free Cookies (makes 1 dozen)

ingredients
2 C raw almonds
1 C rolled oats
2 tsp vanilla
5 tbsp agave nectar

I added a handful of dark chocolate chips to mine. I also want to try adding coconut or walnut pieces.

recipe
Blend almonds and oats until they make a coarse flour. Add vanilla and agave and blend. Fold in chocolate chips (or optional addition of your choice), then roll into 1 inch balls. Place on parchment-lined plate and chill. 


GF cookies

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment