Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Almost in Paris

There are a ton of French restaurants in the city, all claiming to transport diners to the city of light or the romantic European country side through their dishes. But tucked downtown Winnetka, is an unassuming café that is nearly identical to the corner spots that Steve and I would frequent in the Marais neighborhood in Paris. Mirani's on Elm Street is like walking into a pretty Parisian bistro, complete with the rattan chairs, antique crystal chandeliers, and delicious red wine. On a warm Saturday night a few weeks ago, my parents and I stopped in after dinner to check out the space ... and the dessert menu. One of the friendly owners brought over almost half a cake and a few generous pours of wine. I can't wait to get back to try out the amazing lunch and dinner menus (and pretend I'm back in Paris).



Mirani's • 727 Elm Street, Winnetka

No comments:

Post a Comment