Thursday, June 7, 2012

Bringing Summer to Work


Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson

The goods:
• vintage Saint James top

• skirt by Citizens of Humanity
• pumps from Aldo
• vintage gold belt worn as necklace
• locket necklace from Coach
• green bangle from C.Wonder
• gold bangle from Forever21

I've posted before about how nautical stripes make summer weekend staples, but what about incorporating them into a work appropriate outfit? While a striped shift dress may be perfect for perusing the farmers markets on the weekend, it can be a difficult piece to carry over to the office. While I usually pair this top with denim shorts and sandals, I'm creating a classic look with this pencil skirt, pumps, and gold accessories. I may not be able to spend this lovely day at the beach, but at least some summer stripes will keep me company at my desk!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure this brightened everyone's day at work!

    ReplyDelete