Friday, June 1, 2012

Mad, Mad World


Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson

The goods:
• dress from Banana Republic

• metallic coat from Forever21
• shoes, clutch, gloves, scarf and jewelry all vintage

This may have been a short week, but it sure felt extra long. The best way to top it off is with an old fashioned party ... and by old fashioned, I mean a midcentury, Mad Men inspired party! This afternoon, my office is transforming into "Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce" and lettin' loose with some throwback cocktails, games, and of course, the appropriate fashions. I've posted about Mad Men style before (here and here), and being a vintage junkie, I was able to pull all of the necessities from my closet. I kept things classic and simple with a pencil dress and jacket, and added some Betty Draper inspired accessories with gloves, pearls and the silk scarf. All I'm missing now is the requisite chain smoking habit and a scotch in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment