Thursday, October 27, 2011

Bargain Basics


fall style

Chicago style

Chicago style


The goods:
• white t-shirt from H&M
• long knit tank from Martin + Osa
• black pants from Forever21
• black boots from Ellen Tracy
• multi-chain and beaded necklace from Forever21
• gifted cocktail ring
• gifted studded bangle


Last year, I discovered the brand Martin + Osa just as it announced it would be closing for good. While it is sad to see anything close, it turned out to be perfect timing as everything was on super clearance (and when I say clearance, I mean most items, including this tank, were $5!) I seized the opportunity to load up on basics like tanks, t-shirts, and sweaters, since those are the easiest layering pieces. When in doubt on what to wear (er, when running a little late in the morning) I just throw some accessories over neutral pieces and I'm ready to go. And thanks to Steve for my new smokey quartz cocktail ring (my souvenir he picked out in San Francisco!), it adds a little something sparkly to my basic outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment