Tuesday, April 10, 2012

City Slicker


Chicago Style

Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson style

Chicago Style

The goods:
• dress by Hard Tail

• jacket by LaRok
• tights from Nordstrom Rack
• booties by Report
• bangles from IGWT and Forever21
• wrap watch by La Mer

I dug deep into the archives of my closet for these pieces! I did a search to see if Hard Tail clothing even still exists, it does, and doesn't seemed to have changed much since the 90's ... but a cotton black column dress never goes out of style, so I consider this a keeper. I also remember eyeing this jacket at Active Endeavors (back when it was a brick-and-mortar store with a pretty serious identity crisis, I see they finally returned to actual active wear). It was way too expensive for my measly budget (and amount of fabric), but I spotted it a few months later at a sample sale for half off and scooped it up. Together they make a comfortable, cotton ensemble, with enough structure to pass for a slick, work look.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I have been wanting one of the wrap watches by La Mer in their bright colors! But I love the classic black here.

    ReplyDelete