Monday, April 2, 2012

A Very Vintage Home

Steve and I perused the Kane County Flea market on Sunday, looking for vintage home goods to add to our space. It's tempting to take them all home, but the question is how to seamlessly incorporate them into your existing decor. Below are some of my favorite treasures and how I've given them a loving home ...

vintage home
Vintage books stacked next to antique mercury glass, family photos and an heirloom box have found a home on contemporary shelves. I've kept it neat and simple, too much clutter and you distract from your treasures.

vintage home
Channeling Mad Men with vintage barware. Mix and match beautiful decanters for a classy touch in the kitchen (and to impress party goers).

vintage home
An antique ashtray now serves as a soap dish in the guest bathroom.

vintage decor
Creating a comfortable corner with a mid-century chair and vintage brass lamp.

vintage home
Antique farmer's benches display contemporary art. The footstool also comes in handy when I need to reach high cabinets.

vintage home
Vintage photos, family shots, and paintings greet guests in the entryway. 

vintage decor
An antique porcelain "E" tray holds my everyday jewels, go-to beauty products, and souvenirs {like my pebbles from the French Riviera}


vintage home
My grandfather's beautiful old office chair offers extra seating in the living room.



1 comment:

  1. Love that chair- looks perfect in your decor!

    ReplyDelete