Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Gift Guide: Le Bebe


baby gifts

I've had a number of friends and family bring sweet bundles of joy into this world over the past few years and I jump at the chance to shop for gifts for the little ones (I mean, the miniature clothing is irresistible!). As a graphic designer, I feel it's my duty to introduce these children to beautiful objects and functional art, so here are a few of my go-to's for wee ones.

1. Sophie la Girafe (above) – this teething toy is so adorable, every time I purchase one for a friend I kind of want to keep it for myself (even cuter – Sophie was "born in Paris" and even has a little Eiffel Tower illustrated on her box ... le sigh).

2. Paul Rand designed books – designed by the famous graphic designer and written by his wife, Ann, these pretty pages are both educational and works of art. "I Know a Lot of Things" and  "Sparkle & Spin" available at Target.



baby design books

baby design books

baby design books


3. Aden + Anais muslin wraps – my mommy friends swear by these beautiful cloths. They use them to swaddle, cover the stroller, as burp cloths, even as scarves for themselves. They come in dozens of designs, talk about functional fashion!

aden and anais


3. Clementine Art natural soy crayons – I'm all about teaching kids to get creative early and these crayons aren't just super cute, they're also safe (no chemical dyes or additives).

natural crayons


4. Trumpette "slingback" socks – Just try to pick a favorite design by the brand (the chuck taylors, mary janes, the ballet slippers ... they're all too cute for words!) Mommies swear they're the only brand that actually stay on babies' feet ... and I will gladly help a little lady start her footwear collection.

trumpette socks


No comments:

Post a Comment