Friday, April 27, 2012

Lovely Locks


I'm well overdue for a haircut (er ... since I only get three per year, I guess I'm perpetually overdue), so I've been looking for ways to keep my mane from looking like a mangled mess. Since my hair is long enough to attempt some more creative do's, I pulled a few looks I've been wanting to try ...

headband
Natalie's hair in the Miss Dior perfume ads is sweet and sexy at the same time. Tease the crown with some day-old curls, top it off with a pretty bow and voilà! Très chic.

messy braid
With ultra long locks, start a braid at an angle, bringing it around over one shoulder. Running your fingers through the finished braid loosens pieces, the messier the better! (also a great way to extend the life of a shampoo if you don't wash often).

side ponytail
Swipe this summery look from Louis Vuitton by pulling silky soft locks into a low, side ponytail. Curl the face framing pieces away from the face and tie it off with a delicate vintage scarf. (definitely looks best when standing somewhere on the Amalfi Coast with lovely big shades on ... sigh).

images from Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment