Monday, May 7, 2012

Pink Pout


Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

Beth Nelson

Chicago Style

The goods:
• shirt from Polo RL

• top from Mikkat Market
• denim by J.Brand
• pumps from Zara
• vintage earrings
• bangles from Banana Republic, Coach

Incorporating color into my outfits is sometimes a challenge (a peek in my closet reveals a very neutral rainbow of mostly tans, blacks, and whites). This palette doesn't help when a gloomy day can subconsciously dictate an equally muted ensemble ... but adding a swipe of pink on the lips can lift the spirit just like that. Bright lips can boost attitude in a funny way, tricking me into thinking my entire outfit is bright and cheery ... and that's a much better way to start my day!

Chicago Style

My favorite pinks all come from Mary Kay (I find them to be the most moisturizing and long lasting). Today I'm wearing the MK tinted lip balm in Peony (top).

No comments:

Post a Comment