Friday, December 16, 2011

Birthday Suit


Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

Chicago style

Chicago style

The goods:
• white shirt from Polo Ralph Lauren outlet

• black blazer from BCBG outlet
• dark denim from Citizens of Humanity
• black/leopard booties from Vince Camuto
• black leather tie from Marc Jacobs
• gold bangles from IGWT, Barney's

Today is my birthday and instead of going the girlie, party dress route, I embraced my new mature age (yes folks, a new decade ... sigh) and went for "sophisticated adult" (let's just say it's true for argument's sake). I'm not usually one for the full-on menswear look, but wearing my hair down, a little bold eyeliner, and a few accessories keeps it just feminine enough.

I'm looking forward to a weekend of celebrations with some of my best friends (a couple of which are flying in town from each coast!) and family... And, of course, last minute Christmas shopping for almost everyone!


Chicago style
photo from Getty Images


No comments:

Post a Comment