Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday Sparkle


Beth Nelson style

Chicago style

Beth Nelson style

Chicago style

The goods:
• white shirt from Forever21

• gray sequin sweater from Von Maur
• black blazer from Nordstrom
• black pants from Forever21
• black boots by Ellen Tracy
• vintage cocktail ring from Vintage Underground
• bangles from IGWT and Banana Republic

I often wonder why Von Maur doesn't have more locations (at least a downtown outpost) ... that store has thee best sale racks of any department store. A few years ago, I snagged this sequin striped sweater, originally marked $84, for 23 bucks (also where I found this furry vest and these shoes). In addition to fantastic customer service and a live piano player every day, it's the only store I know that devotes an entire separate room to sale shoes! In the Chicagoland area, the only location is up in Glenview, which isn't far and I would say worth the trip. Von Maur is one of my annual "day after Christmas" stops (an event in and of itself that kicks off around 7am ... and may even trump my excitement for Christmas itself).

No comments:

Post a Comment