Monday, January 23, 2012

Palm Trees and Passion Fruit

Our trip to Florida was short (too short), but Chicago is kind enough to greet us with some mild winter temps. We spent our days there lounging poolside, strolling to nearby markets and restaurants to take in all the amazing fresh seafood and tropical fruit we could.

Below are a few of my favorites from the trip ... 

Florida
Poolside palms offered afternoon relief from the incredible Florida sun

Florida
Key lime margarita, a perfect lunch libation

Florida
Lobster pots outside Key Largo Fishery, where fantastic fresh catch is served daily 

Beth Nelson
My daily breakfast of berries, papaya, guava, starfruit and passion fruit

Beth Nelson
Coconuts on the property made for tasty treats each afternoon!

I couldn't resist taking a piece of Florida home with me and returned with a dozen delicious passion fruits to help ease me back into this Chicago winter ... it's times like these I ask myself why we don't live in warm weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment