Tuesday, January 24, 2012

That's a Wrap


Beth Nelson

vintage style

Chicago Style

cashmere sweater

The goods:
• studded top from Banana Republic

• wrap style maxi skirt from UO
• plum tights from Forever21
• wedge booties from Nine West
• tassel necklace from Forever21, vintage gold chain from Vintage Underground
• bangles from IGWT, J.Crew
• vintage B ring from rummage sale


The layered look isn't just reserved for tops and jackets ... this wrap style skirt allows for a variety of combinations. I picked up this skirt for just $9 on the sale rack at Urban Outfitters, and instantly thought of multiple ways I could style it. I could play it safe with black tights, but instead I picked up a bunch of wintry hues to wear for a hint of color. I also see wearing it barelegged and with a sequin top for a more formal affair. My rule of thumb is if I can easily imagine myself wearing an item in more than one scenario, don't pass on it ... it's always those random, bargain finds that end up being my most versatile pieces. 

2 comments:

  1. love your style, very pretty

    come follow the first ever fashion blog from a Guys POV, let He know what you think

    Fashion by He

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh... I'm obsessed with that wrap-style maxi! Maxi skirts tend to intimidate me, since I'm not terribly tall, but the slit in that one gives an awesome line of length. I might have to hunt that one down. :)

    ReplyDelete