Monday, March 26, 2012

Discount Department


Beth Nelson

Beth Nelson style

Chicago Style

Chicago Style

The goods:
• top from Mikkat Market

• silk dress from Off 5th
• leggings from H&M
• booties by Report
• men's watch
• cuff by Nine West
• rhinestone earrings from J.Crew

It's just like mother nature to tease us with that summer weather ... but I'll keep spring alive with this super bright pink hue. Department store bargain basements like Nordstrom Rack, Neiman Marcus Last Call, and Off 5th may seem intimidating with their mishmash of inventory, but taking the time to sift through the deeply discounted racks can lead to some fantastic finds. This dress was originally marked around $178, but it was tucked into a rack, slashed down to $25! I check out these spots first when on the hunt for something specific – say, a dress for a wedding, or a classic pencil skirt – that way I have a goal instead of not knowing where to start. Of course ... I always pick up some fun finds along the way, whether or not I find what I came for.   

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of putting a top over a dress to give it dual purpose.

    And, I admit, the first time I went into The Rack I was intimidated. But now it's one of my favorite stores.

    ReplyDelete