Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beauty Junkie


I have a full-fledged love affair going on ... with beauty products. From head to toe, I love and try it all. But while taking care of myself is important, so is saving a few bucks. Some products that claim to be the "crème de la crème" can exceed $300 ... and as much as I would love to slather that caviar-infused cream across my cheeks, my tears of buyer's remorse would just wash it right off. So I happily peruse the aisles at Ulta, Sephora, and CVS to get my fix. I mentioned a few of my faves before, but here are the rest of my loves that have found their way into my permanent beauty stock ... and don't break the bank.




The beautiful goods: 
1. L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara – $8.95, available here
A friend recommended this mascara to me, claiming it stays true to it's promise to separate every lash. It's true, and I'm now a devotee.

2. Bio-Oil – $10.49, available here
I smooth this stuff over my neck and chest at night and in the morning, my skin is baby-smooth. It also magically makes dry patches or little blemishes disappear, almost overnight!

3. L'Oreal Sublime Bronze Lotion SPF20 – $8.54, available here
I'm a big fan of multi-purpose products and this one truly is. SPF20 offers daily protection, vitamin E adds moisture, and it gives a glow! I use it everywhere, even on my face (and sorta got Steve hooked on it too!).

4. Almay Wake Up Under Eye Concealer – $8.99, available here
I've been devoted to Almay under eye concealers for years, I find them to offer the most natural coverage, protection, and staying power.

5. Philosophy The Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash – $25, available here  
After sampling Exfolikate, I was hooked on the fine texture and skin-smoothing results ... but not the $85 price tag. For Christmas, my mom gave me this Philosophy product and it's fantastic alternative! (and much easier on the wallet)

6. Mary Kay Timewise Age-Fighting Moisturizer – $22, available here
This isn't your grandmother's Mary Kay ... their moisturizers are some of the best I've tried. I also discovered their firming eye cream and won't ever look back.

7. Physicians Formula Bamboo Bronzing Powder – $9.95, available here
This bronzer conditions skin and absorbs excess oil, I love the natural shade too. 

8. Nivea Cream Travel Tin – $1.99, available here
This hand cream is the best on dry, winter skin. And under $2? I have one in my purse, on my desk and at home. Also amazing – and slightly pricier – is this product.

9. Stila Stay All Day Eye Liner  – $20, available here
I'm a big fan of the cat eye look, so I want a super fine tip that allows for precision and control. I find this pen is easier to "draw" with than the pyramid-shaped bottles and applicators.

10. Rock&Republic Blush in "Spank"  – discontinued, but similar shade available here
I picked up this pretty pink shade a couple years ago, it lasts forever thanks to the super pigmented powder. Sadly, these quality products were discontinued, but Stila's "bud" is a very close second.


No comments:

Post a Comment