Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lovely Locks

Just as I have a healthy obsession with beauty products, hair care is equally as important to me. I  always try to save a penny here and there, but this is one area where I won't skimp (my stylist once told me that you may as well use bargain shampoos as body wash, it's just a detergent with none of the ingredients necessary to really care for your locks). Since my hair is the one thing I wear every single day, I'm willing to give it the TLC it deserves. It's easy to get sticker-shock when you see a $30 bottle of shampoo at CVS, but these products last for-ev-er, so even a bargain shopper like myself can justify that purchase.




The great hair goods: 
1. Moroccan Oil Hydrating Mask – $35.50, available here
Not only does this stuff smell like Heaven, but it leaves locks incredibly silky. Smooth on once a week instead of conditioner.

2. Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscious Shampoo – $22, available here
I switch between this and Kérastase shampoo every two months to keep my regimen fresh. B&B products smell amazing and the curl shampoo is fantastically hydrating.

3. L'Oreal Elnett Hairspray – $15.79, available here
Once you find a good hairspray, you stick with it. I find Elnett to appear and feel the most natural, no sticky or crunchy mess.

4. Pssssst! Dry Shampoo for Wavy Hair – $6.99, available here
Dry shampoo is one of those products that rides a fine line between helpful and harmful. This classic is cheap and really does make hair look fresher (when it's actually dirty). I wash my hair once, sometimes twice a week, so I swear by this stuff!

5. Kérastase Shine Revealing Shampoo – $26.10, available here  
When I'm not using Bumble and Bumble, Kérastase is my go to. Some people don't believe that "fancy" shampoo is much different than the cheap stuff, but I made the switch once and never looked back.

6. Kérastase Protein Conditioner – $34.10, available here
Since I don't wash everyday, I don't want to weigh it down with too much product. I take about a quarter size of this divine-scented conditioner and run it through my ends. And since I don't use much, this lasts almost twice as long as shampoo!

7. Kusco-Murphy Lavender Hair Cream – $34.45, available here
I've mentioned this Heaven sent product before and it's ability to make your hair look (and smell) amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment