Thursday, March 15, 2012

Irish Indulgences


St. Patricks

St. Patrick's day is this weekend and that means serving some of my favorite traditional treats. I plan to make a fresh loaf of Irish Soda bread with this easy to follow recipe and pair it with some salted Irish butter and some delicious preserves (local brand Rare Bird Preserves, offers amazing flavors like Pear Vanilla Pinot Blanc, pictured above). No spread – or meal, in my opinion – is complete without a wedge of cheese, so I grabbed this Kerrygold Vintage Dubliner. To wash it all down, a creamy double-chocolate stout (a fairly recent discovery for me and new favorite treat!).

Irish Soda Bread

St. Patricks

Chocolate Stout

I may not be 100% Irish, but my appetite may argue otherwise.


And wouldn't these make the perfect St. Patty's dessert?

Speaking of Irish, check out this travel post from This is Glamorous ... after seeing this, Steve and I may need to seriously consider a honeymoon in Dublin!


No comments:

Post a Comment